For decades now, a red, white & blue paint job has been synonymous with the Ritchey Team Edition. The layout of the color panels has shifted over the years, and the frame tech has certainly evolved, but there’s something so rad about the ability to buy a Ritchey frame in the Team Edition colors still to this day. Continuing the tradition, Ritchey just announced a limited run of Team Edition Ultra frames.
Introduced in 2018, the Ritchey Ultra is their take on the modern hardtail. Calling it a dual wheel size model, the Ultra can handle 27.5 x 2.8″ or 29 x 2.4″ wheels and tires depending on how you want to build it up.
The back end uses Boost 148 x 12mm spacing with a replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger.
An integrated, tapered 1.5″ head tube allows all modern forks, and the threaded bottom bracket shell is designed to work with 1x or 2x drivetrains.
A 30.9mm seat tube with internal routing is perfect for a dropper post, and all other cable routing is kept on the outside of the frame.
Offered in four sizes, the Ultra Team Edition is offered as a frame for $999. Ritchey says these are a limited edition, so there probably won’t be a ton made.
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
- Optimized for 120mm suspension travel fork or 500mm axle-crown rigid fork
- Ultra-light forged and machined tapered head tube
- Headset: integrated – 1.5” tapered
- Headset upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
- Headset lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- BOOST 148mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing and replaceable seat collar
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) – not included
- Bottom bracket: 73mm – English threaded
- Designed for 1X or 2X chainrings (Side Swing front derailleur required for double)
- BOOST cranks must be used for proper 52mm chainline
- Crankset maximum ring size: 38T single – 26/36T double
- Fits up to 27.5 x 2.8” or 29 x 2.4” tires (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Post-mount rear brake: 160mm (180mm max – adaptors available separately)
- External cable routing
- Sizes: S (15″) / M (17″) / L (19″) / XL (20.5″)
- Weight: 2.57kg (L/19″)
- Color: Team Edition Red/White/Blue Fade