Can You Dig It? Win, as Bosch & Cannondale team up to Trail Build – So e-bike system maker Bosch knows we all need better trail stewardship, so they paired up with Cannondale and the California Mountain Biking Coalition on a mountain biking initiative called “Can You Dig It?!” to raise awareness and provide financial support for nonprofit trail riding advocacy groups across the state.
And beside just rounding up money to support new & existing trails, they also are giving away a killer eMTB + trailer + tool setup to outfit you and your local trail crew – and letting the winner pick a lucky trail advocacy organization to receive a grant to help build and maintain epic trails in their own region! The idea of the fundraiser is to get community support to “bring shovel-ready trail projects to life and underwrite education programs for both Trail Crews and Trail Riding Communities” across the state of California.
The Bosch x CAMTB Trail Builder giveaway tops out with a $8000 prize pack of a Cannondale Moterra Neo 3 Carbon e-bike with a Burley Coho XC trailer for your favorite trail crew to haul their trail maintenance gear into the woods, plus a Trail Boss USA hand tool kit both for you and your trail crew, and Bosch Power Tool Kits for each you & your crew. The winner gets to pick what trial advocacy group gets the eMTB+trailer setup & gear, on top of what you win. To enter, donate $5 or more to the California Mountain Biking Coalition’s Can You Dig It?! Trail Stewardship program, here: CAMTB.givingfuel.com
Advocacy & Industry News
- Rivendell Reparations discount seeks to mend wounds of racism – Classic lugged steel aficionados Rivendell Bicycle Works wants to start addressing the “long-standing issue” of racism in the cycling industry, and is giving back with a policy called Black Reparations Pricing (BRP). Much like common discounted internal industry pricing, or Rivendell’s own two-year-old policy of giving discount to Black customers who came in person to their CA shop. They acknowledge that it is still micro scale & “positive discrimination”, but any Black cyclists who want to buy from them can save 45% off retail. Read more about why Rivendell thinks it’s the right move, or how to qualify at: RivBike.com
- Sour opts for sweet, recycled packaging – When we reviewed the Sour Clueless this past spring, we didn’t actually get to experience their environmentally-friendly bike packaging, because we picked up the all-road bike in person. But now the German bike company has put together a nice unboxing video of their reduced, no-plastic, 98% recycled, locally-sourced frame packaging. Plus, they tell us complete bike packaging is even better for the environment, as they use 100% recycled bike boxes for that – sourcing & reusing unlabeled boxes from a company across town before they get thrown away. Sour.bike
- Tomorrow is World Mental Health Day, maybe we should all go for a ride! – Curve Cycling informs us that it’s World Mental Health Day this Saturday, Oct 10. “Looking after your mental health is always important, but even more so in such a tumultuous year of change and disruption.” Not everyone can ride like we used to these days, so Curve shared 10 tips from Mental Health Australia on how to keep it together, and how they tie in with adventure riding. It’s worth a read, plus maybe an extra moment to reflect on, too. CurveCycling.com.au
- Buy Silca bar tape & Fight Breast Cancer OR Win a Silca tool pack – For the month of October – Breast Cancer Awareness Month – for every set of Nastro Cuscino Hot Pink & Black that Silca sells, they’re giving €5 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. One in every seven women get diagnosed with this disease, so why not get a tape refresh and let Silca lend a hand in awareness. Plus, if you sign up for Silca’s new product newsletter between now & Oct 15, you’ll be entered to win a Prize Pack with pretty much one of each of their small bag+tool combos. Silca.cc
Contests & Deals
- Win a Redshift Niner RLT gravel Dream Bike – Comfy cockpit specialists Redshift are running their Dream Bike 2020 contest now, and all you have to do is sign up for their email newsletter in the next three weeks. What can you win? Your size Niner RLT 9 RDO valued at over $8000 with Redshift ShockStop stem & seatpost, a GRX Di2 groupset, Hunt X-Wide carbon wheels, WTB Venture tires & SL8 saddle, Xpedo Mforce 8 pedals, and even a Stages power meter & GPS. Enter at: Redshiftsports.com
- Stay Tuned to win a RockShox Reverb AXS dropper or other swag? – RockShox is running the most vague possible contest this month. Sign up for their newsletter and “Stay Tuned “. Each Friday someone will win something. It might be a signed rider photo, it might be a Reverb AXS dropper post. I guess you’ll just have to wait and see if you win something cool before Oct 30? SRAM.com
- Win Club Ride swag kit in Blood, Sweat & Cheers Giveaway – To celebrate (or mourn?) the last warmish riding of the season, the Club Ride crew teamed up with Pivot, High Camp Flasks, 1upUSA, Five Ten & Breckinridge Distilling to commemorate a summer that wasn’t entirely cancelled, actually getting a lot of people to spend more time socially distant on a bike. What’s up for grabs is a bunch of kit from all the brands above, for both on & off the bike, plus that custom flask, a $300 gift card towards a 1upUSA bike rack, and a full Club Ride Apparel kit of your choosing. Sign up at: HighCampFlasks.com
- How about getting TWO Focus SAM² eMTBs for a year? – Focus wants you to share the fun of riding e-bikes, so they decided to give away two bikes for one year (in the EU only). You don’t get to keep them (it seems). But the idea is to tell Focus why you and your “trail buddy, partner in crime, friend, lover or even your grandma if she is up for it” should get a couple of killer e-mountainbikes to ride together for the full 2021 riding season. 170mm 29er eMTBs that can conquer any terrain. You just have to tell a compelling story, and keep them charged up for 12 months! Focus-bikes.com